To fully comprehend this written material, let’s look at the meaning of Dropshipping.
What is Dropshipping?
Dropshipping is a supply chain process where retail stores partner with suppliers or wholesalers to sell goods to the consumers. These goods go straight from the suppliers’ store to the consumers. As a dropshipper, you do not need to have a store, inventory or warehouse. All overhead costs incurred in manufacturing, packaging, shipping, and delivery is handled by the supplier. Your responsibility would be to focus on marketing and customer support.
The way you can make money off dropshipping is to add your profit on the actual cost of the product displayed by the wholesaler or supplier. When an order is made and payment is received, that additional amount becomes your profit while the rest goes to the supplier.
Amazon and eBay are both online shopping sites with obvious differences though. While Amazon is a platform for online retail stores, eBay is more into the consumer to consumer business and auction sales. There are also differences in the amount of control given to the seller and the fees charged.
How to dropship from Amazon to eBay
Dropshipping from Amazon to eBay simply means using eBay as a platform to make profits of products listed by suppliers on Amazon. The fact is this process largely depends on the different policies used by both online shopping sites. The need to check the legality of this process of drop shipping can not be overemphasized.
Is this a lawful process? Yes, it is perfectly legal for you to dropship from Amazon and for you to dropship on eBay.
Now that this very important aspect has been taken care of, let’s look at the process of dropshipping from Amazon to eBay:
- Register on eBay as a seller: This is necessary as that would be the platform potential customers would be attracted to. This is the avenue where interactions with your would-be customers are carried out.
- Conduct proper product research on eBay for trending products: This way you can select products with the highest demands. Your marketing strategies would pay off better on products with already established awareness and visibility in the market.
- Compare the prices of these products on eBay with those on Amazon: Remember you would be dropshipping from Amazon. If the prices are more expensive on Amazon, you would find it difficult to either resell or make a good profit from these products on eBay.
- You can also check for products on Amazon with cheaper prices than those on eBay listing: Using this method would mean that the products you select do not necessarily have to be trending products on eBay.
- After making your selections on products you want to deal with, create a listing for them on eBay. You would need to display these products in such a way that they are attractive to buyers. They do not necessarily need to know that these products are on a dropshipping account. Use bright and colorful images that would be attractive in the eyes of would-be buyers. Then include descriptions; they should be in a detailed and comprehensive write up. Ensure your emphasis on the pros and key features of these products. Buyers are constantly making a comparison between similar products and most of the time, the product description is what guides them to make a decision. Then, you set the price of the product considering the prices of other sellers and competitive brands. No one would want to buy a product at a price when they can get it cheaper elsewhere.
- When a buyer makes an order, you go to Amazon to buy this same product. For delivery and shipping purposes, you include the customer’s details. Do not include yours. One major factor to note about dropshipping is that the products do not come to or through you, they are shipped directly to the customer. To ensure the customer does not find out the product is from Amazon, you can classify the order as a ‘gift’; this way it is delivered to the customer with no markings or receipt. Failing to do this would make the buyer realize the real origin of the product and they could get to Amazon to find out its real price. The result is the same if they receive receipts from Amazon stating the actual price. The usual reaction is for them to feel cheated especially finding out that these products are cheaper on Amazon and you have made profits of them.
If our account gets bad reviews as a result of this issue severally, eBay would have to ban such accounts. Suppliers too on Amazon may feel cheated knowing someone sold out their products to a buyer and got to make profits off them. Most of these sellers would be willing to take drastic measures to put an end to it. Some may decide to increase their product prices in such a way that you can barely make a profit; others may decide to set up their eBay accounts to compete with you.
Some tools enable you to carry out these processes automatically. These tools first locate trending items and compare similar products from other suppliers. Then, they help you select items from different suppliers while considering prices and quantity and creates your eBay listings. These tools also handle the copying of images and descriptions from the Amazon seller and pasting on your eBay account.
Dropshipping from Amazon to eBay can be a very lucrative venture; giving you profits through a very easy process. However, you have to ensure you make an extensive research on the products you would want to on your eBay listing. You also have to apply caution as regards the risks attached to this supply process. You would not want your account banned because that would imply you losing the platform you need both to get across to customers and get them to see what you have to sell.